Friday, November 26, 2010

Representation

The ‘characters’ in my magazine are either going to be a real band or a made of band which I have styled myself and made into a band. I am going to interview either of them when I have decided who I am going to use and then use that interview and place it on my two page spread. This will give me lots of things to write out when I create my two page spread rather than having to cover up space with random pictures I have taken of people styled. They will be based upon a rock theme which means that they will have lots of heavy eye liner on (girls) and their hair all back combed and messy. If I am going to use a real band then it will be based on a boy rock band which means that their look will involve them wearing skinny jeans and ‘famous band t-shirts’ and wearing converse etc to pull off that look.
      I will create these people as stereotypes by making them dress like they are in a band like I said previous and also I will be taking some of my pictures in a music studio which instantly tells people that they have been recording songs (so they must be in a band.) Hopefully this means that when I am taking my photographs of the band they will actually appear to be a band to the target audience. They will also in the interview be talking most probably in ‘slang’ so this will be reflected in the interview process write-up. This shows the readers that they are within their age group and not just some random older people being asked questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment