Thursday, November 25, 2010

Preliminary Task - College Magazine

For my preliminary task I had to create a magazine for college related to college in some way. The idea that I choose to do was a magazine front cover based on the cover story of 'pupil' of the year.
      I took pictures of Lauren who was my model for my college magazine outside of my classroom to make sure that the background was plain so it would draw more attention to Lauren (the main person on the cover.) Because my front cover story was about Lauren being ‘pupil of the year’ I just wanted a basic picture of her smiling without any expression in her face to make it look like a college photograph rather than it being a friendly picture. Once I had taken this picture, I edited out the picture so that the picture was just of Lauren. I did this by using photoshop. I then placed it on photoshop and created titles onto my college magazine and wrote things on the bottom of the page to make it look more like a magazine. My magazine was then complete and ready to be used.

Strengths
  1. The black, blue and white colours work well together
  2. The variety of font is well used
  3. Everything is clear to read/see
Weaknesses
  1. The picture is not well placed
  2. There is hardly anything on the front cover (too plain)
  3. Bar code is not a real bar code
  4. No price on the front
In my magazine, I know what I will change as this task has helped me know what works and what doesn't. The colour blue will not be used in with my magazine even though it works well together with the rest of my colour scheme. On top of that, the pictures that I will use will be more than one picture as one big picture on the front cover is not enough. It seems like no effort has gone into this cover more just a rushed job. I am going to make sure I used more than one picture, with different sizings to create a sense of wildness. Finally I will also use different sizing of fonts and make them rotate in different angles as it looks too plain on this cover for my college magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment