Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Photoshoot In The Studio

With my made up band 'The TT', I have photographed them in the studio for my front cover and some of the pictures which I am going to use for my contents page and two page spread. These are very effective photographs by Nicole and Sarah because of the use of props (microphone and a guitar) and also the use of the makeup and costumes which I told them to wear for the photoshoot. The two girls wore a black lace leotard and a plain black skirt. The reason why they are both wearing the same clothing is that I wanted them to look like twins as the name of the band which I created involved them both being twins with each other. Also I think that the outfits were linked in with the genre of rock and worked very well with the theme of the my whole magazine. Finally, the colour black also linked in with rock and roll and added a sense of qwirkyness to the band.
The two pictures above show what Nicole and Sarah wore for my photoshoot.

My idea for the front cover of my magazine was that I wanted them both to smuge their lipstick on the face and pose whilst this was happening. I thought that would look good for the front cover as I do not think it has been done before on a front cover for a magazine, so it will make it stand out from the rest of the magazines being created. In addition to this, Nicole and Sarah wore heavy eye-liner and bright red lipstick so it would make them look like professionals rather than them just wearing ordinary make-up with quite unique outfits.
      During the photoshoot, I used the lighting on both sides of the blank white canvas so it highlighted both of their faces instead of them just being in the same light, this would look odd as half of their faces would probably not be in light. I then placed a fan at the bottom of the black white sheet so when the girls stood infront of it to pose with their instruments, it would blow their hair back and make them look wind swept. It worked very well and these photographs prove it:









No comments:

Post a Comment