Thursday, December 9, 2010

Photographs - Which Are Going On My Magazine

I think this is going to be my front cover shot for my music magazine. Personally I think that it shows the audience basically what the girls are about - they are qwirky, rock, musical and talented (this shines through this picture.) The way in which Nicole and Sarah are dressed the same implies that they are actual twins rather than just 'pretending' and also as they are in the colour black it highlights the genre element of the music magazine: rock.
Above is a rather close up picture of Sarah which I find very interesting, as this is just a picture of her on her own I can not place it on the front cover as the band includes Nicole, so I am thinking about putting this on the contents page of my magazine which will be different as usually a contents page has more than one photograph on it. I like it how Sarah is pulling her face-it adds fun to the shoot/magazine. Finally, with her lipstick smudged across her face it shows the audience that she is "rock n roll".
Sarah and Nicole in this picture are doing the same pose which just shows the readers that they are not only 'twins' in their band but they are acting like twins also by copying each other. I think that this picture is putting than a normal straight posed picture as it breaks the rules kind of and just once again highlights the 'bad' element of being a rock star. The make-up is also a key in this picture as it stands out in their eyes (with the use of eye-liner), as the colour of their eye liner etc is black it links in with their outfits which relates to the readers and target audience.
The fourth picture which I am going to use in my magazine is of Sarah and Nicole both holding the microphone and looking straight down the camera faced on. I think that this is one of the better pictures of the girls as it addresses everyone else as they are actually making eye contact. As well as eye contact, they have proper contact with each other by putting their hands on top of each other (just shows that they are closer than ever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment