Friday, December 3, 2010

Fonts - (Linked In With The Rock/Indie Genre)

There are many fonts out there online and in documents but most of them will not fit in with the genre that I am going to use on my magazine. For my own personal magazine I need blocked black font which will stand out from the rest of the page (as usually a rock magazine is full with text and images all over the place.) I have been looking online at some websites and looking at shops for fonts which I might use and below are evident of that research:


As you can see from this picture above, the different fonts work well on this front cover of the NME magazine. The way in which 'Kasbian' is in capitals and in blocked font, it stands out from the frest of the text on that page as it is very eye catching. I also personally like the way the editor has typed in "insane" in that font as it appears in a way like it has been wrote rather than typed on a computer. Hopefully I will find font line this and I can use it whilst creating my magazine.
This font used to the title of a magazine is well created and done up. The way in which it looks like someone has actually smashed the text by doing something, creates a rock feel to it as people always assume that 'rock people' smash hotel rooms etc. Another reason why I like it so much is by it being in capital letters just like the NME logo. It stands out from the rest of the other magazines, which means more people will look at it rather than just glancing at it. I am going to take this into consideration when I am creating my title.

The following fonts are off a website called http://www.dafont.com/ 
They have caught my eye (the ones I add onto my blog) and I think I will try and use most of them throughout all of the pages which I am creating. They all link into my genre very well for different reasons; stand out, bold, quirky and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment